Southeast Power’s predecessor has a colorful history.
Founded in 1959, our predecessor, Mamba Engineering Company, Inc., began a proud history as a transmission and distribution contractor in both commercial and industrial market segments. Some of our most notable earlier projects are:
- The prime and subcontractor for electrical services for the construction of Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- The prime and subcontractor for electrical services for the construction of Walt Disney World’s Epcot Center.
- New constructions of water treatment plants in the state of Florida and in the country of Panama.
- Electrical contractor for NASA in building of the shuttle runway lighting and various electrical construction projects for the NASA rocket launch pads.
- Most notably we constructed the first ever 500kV power line for Florida Power & Light in the state of Florida.
Clearly, we have established ourselves as the “go to” electrical utility services provider with extensive experience and a sound safety record.
Southeast Power Corporation established a presence in Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2002 to increase our exposure in the telecommunications industry. This regional division focuses on transmission line construction; telecommunication products and services; engineering, furnishing and installation of fiber optic systems deployed on electrical transmission and distribution lines; and also fiber optic splicing, testing, and characterization nationwide. This division is an exclusive representative of AFL Telecommunications for all engineering, installation, and splicing requirements.
In May of 2009, Southeast Power Corporation added the Foundation Division. This division installs drilled shaft foundations for transmission lines, substations, and cellular tower structures nationwide. The Foundation Division works with our other Division’s offices in addition to outside customers providing complete and efficiently built projects.
In 2010, Southeast Power Corporation established the Texas Regional Division office in Bastrop, TX. The opening of this office location assisted us in the further expansion of our geographic footprint and provided local support for our clients in the Southwest and Midwest. Subsequently, we were awarded a 110-mile, 345kV transmission line construction project as part of a Competitive Renewable Energy Zone (CREZ) project in Texas with a total value of $104M – Southeast Power completed this project ahead of schedule.
The formation of Power Corporation of America in 2013 by The Goldfield Corporation (NYSE MKT: GV) www.goldfieldcorp.com made Southeast Power Corporation a now wholly owned subsidiary of Power Corporation of America.
The mission at Southeast Power Corporation is to provide our clients with complete service on their contracts through safe working practices and quality of craftsmanship.